Department of Theory of Non-Linear System Kinetic and Electronic Properties
Head of the Department: Yuri V.Medvedev,
doctor of physico-mathematical sciences
Directions of Scientific Researches: Modeling of physical properties in nano-, micro- and macro-scale objects. Theoretical investigations of superconductor of the II type. Experimental study of galvano-magnetic, radio-frequency and microwave properties of multi-component film structures on the HTSC-base, manganites, magneto-dielectrics. Development of physical principles of constructing electronic devices. Physics and engineering of high pressures in biology and medicine. Theoretical investigation of linear and nonlinear optical effects in homogeneous and inhomogeneous magnetics, magnetic photon crystals.
Development of theory and a computer model of the magnetic field penetration into mesoscopic superconductors.
Development of processes and “machines” for nano-scale operations.
A theoretical prediction of the second optical harmonic generation in homogeneous and inhomogeneous magnetics.
Design of forbidden zones in magnetic photon crystals.
Development of a non-stationary method of making measurement of thermal kinetic coefficients of film structures (a computer technology).
Development of sensors of small magnetic fields (10–3–1 E) on the base of film magneto dielectrics. Development of the procedure of optimization of film barrette heat parameters.
Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon (France), The SIMBIOS Centre, University of Dundee (UK), Universite de Montreal (Canada), Kyoto University (Japan), Linz University (Austria), AgResearch Co. (New Zeeland), Tel-Aviv University (Israel), Universite Paris VI (France), Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden); Umea University (Sweden); University of Nijmegen (The Netherlans), University of Kaiserslautern (Germany); Technical University of Darmstadt (Germany), University of Antwerpen (Belgium), Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Microstructures (Germany), Saint-Malaysia University (Malaysia), University of Roma «La Sapienza» (Italy), Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (South Korea), University of New York (USA), Pennsylvania State University (USA).
1. A.K.Geim, I.V. Grigorieva, S.V.Dubonos, J.G.S.Lok, J.C.Maan, A. E. Filippov, F.M.Peeters. Phase transitions in individual submicrometre superconductors. Nature (London) 390, 259 (1997).
2. I.L.Lyubchanskii, N.N.Dadoenkova, M.I.Lyubchanskii, E.A.Shapovalov, and Th.Rasing «Magnetic Photonic Crystals» (Topical Review). J.Phys.D: Appl. Phys, 32, R277 (2003).
3. Yu.V.Medvedev, Yu.M.Nikolaenko, A.M.Grishin, S.I.Khartsev. Diagnostics of thermal kinetic coefficients for optimization of film barrette characteristics. Zhurnal technicheskoi fiziki 72 (1), 117 (2002).
4. B.J.Baelus, S.V.Yampolskii, F.M.Peeters. Coupled mesoscopic superconductirs: Ginsburg – Landau theory. Phys. Rev. ÷, 66, 024517-1 (2002).
5. L.Vinet, A.Zhedanov. Spectral transformations of the Laurent biorthogonal polynomials. I. q-Appel polynomials. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 131 (1), 253 (2001).
6. Yu.E.Kuzovlev. Stochastic view of quantum interactions and two-level systems. Pis’ma of ZhETF 78 (2), 103. (2003).
7. A.Samoletov. A Remark on the Kramers problem. J.Stat. Phys. 96 (5/6), 1351 (1999).